Thursday, May 24, 2007

Oh the memories.

Darin is taking a greek class for seminary, and so I was going through my greek book to see if he could use it (He couldn't, Mounce put out a second edition). Tucked in the pages was this note from my friend Jamie. This brought back floods of memories of me and her, me and Bethann, me and pretty much whoever would pay attention to me, sitting in IDS class. Me drawing and writing notes, not paying any attention to the lectures at all(Click on the picture to make it bigger):























I think that pretty much sums it up. This was probably sophomore year, Jamie assuming that we were both going to be married by 2003. Thinking that we would both have kids, and still being rebellious and smoking "after the kids go to bed of course." Jamie talking about smoking the "phat" stuff, you knew she wasn't talking about weed. She was talking about cigars. That was the extent of our rebellion. Sneaking out in the middle of the night to smoke cigars. Oh, how young and silly we were.

Well, it's almost 4 years past that invitation, and I am still unmarried with no kids, and she doesn't want any. And we are both very, happy. Funny how life changes.

4 comments:

A boy named Toadie said...

Speaking of Greek Class...do you remember that day when Pancake Bob flipped out and yelled at Spencer, "WILL YOU SHUT UP!"

Spencer: "All I said is that it looks Greek to me. That dude needs to lighten up."

File that under: Pancake Bob Freakin' Out.

Anonymous said...

ahhahahaha, SPENCER.

One time PBob freaked out at Tommy Harrison when we were in line for a hamburger over Labor Day weekend. Bob put a rawish-looking burger on Tommy's plate and Tommy politely asked if Bob could put it back on the grill for a few mins. PBob didn't like that, so they squabbled for a few minutes until Bob's face turned purple and screamed:

"JUST TAKE THE FREAKIN' HAMBURGER!"

red

Anonymous said...

speak of the devil...

Anonymous said...

Pancake Bob...


laughing soo hard. dang, I wonder if that kid got a ministry...holy crap!