Monday, May 14, 2007

So, I started this new job...

I now work 2 nights a week at Swifty Gas Station. It is a little hole in the wall gas station, that has nothing inside, and they sell nothing but gas and cigarettes. What makes people go there you ask?

They pump the gas.

No extra charge, in fact many times they are the cheapest gas in town. And they do all the work, *sigh* I guess "we" do all the work.

Holly filled out the app for me since my handwriting is so bad, I may not have been able to "get a job at a gas station", and she wrote for position desired... gas pumper boy.

I was hired the next day.

3 comments:

scott said...

Sweet. Do you get an old-school button-up Dickies shirt that perhaps says "Gas Pumper Boy"? With your name stitched on the breast pocket in cursive writing?

Anonymous said...

do they have a calendar out of "Gas Pumper Boys" from Swifty?

Anonymous said...

"do they have a calendar out of "Gas Pumper Boys" from Swifty?"

ya, hood up...leaning over the engine in a thong with a smidge of oil on his face. Now thats the Soebeck I remember.

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!