Thursday, November 09, 2006

And the walls came tumbling down...

I am sitting here blogging from the old alma matter! I need to tell you what I saw today. I was outside when I saw the whole procession of Holers in full holer regalia. The pope was out, the ark of the covenant was carried by ashen poles, and that crazy oblong thing was there.

Anyway, it was odd because they were all marching by the new building. In fact they were marching around the new building. Perplexed I asked a holer what it was they were doing? This was a new event that I had not seen before. The holer ignored me. I was confused, and so I asked another holer what was going on. That holer also ignored me.

It was then that I realized what they were doing. They all suddenly stopped and blew trumpets and started screaming. They had marched around the building once for 6 days, and today they marched around 7 times and then blew horns and screamed! One of the funniest things I have seen in a long time!

Yesterday was my ordination. It was the coolest ordination I have ever been to, I know it was mine and all, but it was really fun!

LCC has changed a lot since I have been here, but one thing remains the same:

When the hole is called up yonder,
When the hole is called up yonder,
When the hole is called up yonder,
When the hole is called up yonder,
I'll be there.

4 comments:

A boy named Toadie said...

Way to go...jerk.

soebeck said...

Scott! Dude, I sent up the soebs signal! Where were you?

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay and I got a good laugh from this. Btw, you know that after next year the "hole" will not longer be a boys dorm. Let the weeping begin.

soebeck said...

Jonathan-

Glad to hear I could make you and Lyndsay laugh! I do know about the impending doom of the hole, which is why they did the Jericho thing in the first place.

I talked to a holer afterward and told them that they should assemble again, and this time gather when the workers are working on the new dorm. I told them they should all take some clay pots and throw them on the ground, perhaps the workers would start turning on each other. Not quite sure what that would look like since all the workers have power tools not swords, but I imagine it could possibly have the same effect.