Thursday, March 15, 2007

A little help from my friends...


Brant chastized, er, encouraged me yesterday to blog, even if it's ridiculous. Well, be careful what you ask for:

My girlfriend has been in Colorado since Saturday. She is not getting home til sometime Saturday evening. I want to scratch someone's eyes out.

Although I miss my boo, I am kinda excited about the tourney starting today! Stupid CBS here isn't showing the Illinois game here... something about the Purdue game being a team from Indiana, and Illinois being a mere 12 seed or something.

Speaking of a 12 seed, there is always at least one 12 seed to beat a 5. Is this the year? Since the days of Lou-dou, I believe no Illinois team has beaten a higher seed tournament seed in the tourney. This would be a great year to start. Well, maybe. Problem is the nightmare of teams we would have to play if we won. We win the first round, and we then have to go get spanked by our red-headed step child, in state rival, SIU? That would set recruiting even farther back than it is! And if somehow we were to get past SIU? Kansas, and former Illini traitor, Bill Self. No way I want to get spanked by them! He's such a jerk, he recently said that we didn't belong in the tourney. Comon' Bill, do you have to kick us when we are down?

I have to get a CPAP machine. Ask me how excited I am about that? I think my heart stops like 43 times a night or something like that. :)

24 has been a major disappointment this year. 'Nuff said.

Studio 60 got pulled. That makes me sad, I don't agree with Sorkin's political views, but the man can write a compelling show. Sports Night was one of the best shows that no one ever watched.

Every one should watch this guy: He pretty much stole my entire shtick.

Oh man, while I am pointing out awesome you tube stuff: This made me remember why I love college basketball.

Everyone should go to this here site and listen to my baby lead worship. Click on "The Edge" Icon. She alternates weeks in which she leads, so you will have to click on different ones to find her. One of my favorites is Part 4 of Better Together. They are all great though!

My sister graduates from Nursing School in May. She'll be 27 years old! Way to be SoeYun, way to be! Gotta keep up the Song family tradition of not finishing school til the late 20's!

I am doing my first wedding next week. I better figure out what to do before then...

out

3 comments:

soeyun said...

Soebs - I went to comment and I accidently pressed to comment on the post two down - something about god or something, and this was the word verification I got - I'm not kidding "naygd" How did they know your post was a bible verse and were therefore saying nay to God?! Isn't that weird? Oh and by the way, if you call holly your 'boo' again... I will tell her that you've been doing that, and I will force her to break up with you immediately... and I won't just be 27 soebs.. I'll be 27 years young.You are only as old as your CPAP machine says you are.

soebeck said...

Aha! I beat you to it! I call her "my boo" to her face! :) Take that Song.

soeyun said...

you must be slapped.. I will come at you from the front since 70% of all attacks come from behind so you will be expecting it..