Friday, March 30, 2007

Hospital Rounds

I have spent much of today making hospital calls. 6 people divided by 3 hospitals all over town. Lots of fun.

I actually don't mind doing hospitals, 6 is a little much though.

I got a call for the 6th person on the road however. There was a Jr. High girl just admitted to the hospital. I went in there not knowing what was wrong with her, and when I went to her room, she was laying there reading a magazine.

"Hi, I'm SoeBeck, what's going on?"

"I drank an entire bottle of Grey Goose, and passed out."

It was an 8th grade girl who I have never seen before. She told me she was an alcoholic, and was worried about her parents sending her back to rehab.

How has a 14 year old girl been in rehab before, and is now worried about having to go back?

I mean, people messed around with alcohol when I was in Jr. High, I know. To already be in rehab though? To call yourself an alcoholic? She wasn't at a party, she wasn't with friends. She drank a bottle of vodka by herself, on her own. She obviously needs the savior, but she has no interest. What do I do, invite her to youth group? I did. She didn't seem too interested. I mean and why not? Most of my kids are trying to find out whether or not they like girls or whether or not they have the right Ipod.

Goodness. I feel helpless. Kind of all my training goes out the window with something like this.

"Father, help your child. Help her find you."

No comments: